Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Yesterday evening, I received my first published novel in the mail. It arrived via FedEx in a plain white box, and Susan watched me open it. We were both pleasantly surprised at how good a binding job they did with it. The Band (that's the title) is a 340-page chunk of a novel. We spent the evening last night just in a state of good cheer at how cool it was to see my first published novel!!

As you may know, Mimosa is doing the cover art for The Kiribati Test which I currently have in galley form at roughly 145 pages. It really is exciting to see your own novel in print. Words can not begin to describe what a relief it is to see that. And the cool thing is, I've got five more novels completed and on my computer, which I could upload, get into print, and make available to retail bookstores like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Waldenbooks, etc. It's really happening!!

I'm excited, can you tell?

Stacey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home