Friday, May 14, 2004

I dreamed last night that I won the Powerball lottery; I had the numbers on a ticket that matched up with the numbers on the screen. Not really sure what it means psychologically, but it was a damn fun dream.

Before going to bed last night, I worked for a couple hours on The Miracle of Amber Page. I wrote a query letter for Cyber-Pulp publishers, and it made me want to get in there and work on the last 75 pages of the revision work. I think that's what I'm going to do first today.

I could sure use prayers regarding this Michael Connelly interview. Miriam Parker from Time-Warner has agreed to forward questions onto Connelly for me, and if I'm going to follow through with it, I really need to nail it. I went to the library yesterday and found he had no listing in Contemporary Authors, which was surprising. Interestingly enough, Connelly's editor at Little, Brown, and Company is George Pelecanos's editor, too: Michael Pietsch. And LB&C is a subsidiary for Warner Books, I think. I'll bet if you did your homework, you'd find the film company that made Blood Work (directed by and starring Clint Eastwood) based on Connelly's novel is a subsidiary of the same parent company.

Well, I'm gonna work on The Miracle today, first, and then maybe get in there and work some on the Epilogue to Claws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home